Sunday, June 19, 2011

Queen review from newspaper of my school

I've also written for this newspaper, but this review is not mine

Old=gold

Queen- A Night At The Opera

1. Death On Two Legs
2. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
3. I'm In Love With my car
4.You're my best friend
5. '39
6. Sweet Lady
7. Seaside Rendezvous
8. The prophet's song
9. Love of my live.
10. Good Company
11. Bohemian Rhapsody
12. God Save The Queen

Death on two legs is a song written by the anger of Freddie Mercury to their manager who swindlered the band and took the money. The intro of the song is really weird but changes into a great rock song!
(4/5)

Lazing on a sunday afternoon
A very short song (1 minute) but very beautiful and shows every part from Queen, and HOW? I love the guitar solo.
(3/5)

I'm in love with my car is a song written by drummer Roger Taylor. He's also singing this song, and his voice is perfect for it! Roger has a great voice for hardrock music.
(4/5)

You're my best friend is a song written by John Deacon for his wife. And luckily they're still maried!  It's a slow balled and it became a worldwide hit. I don't like this song really much, because I prefer hard rock.
(3/5)

'39 is a folk song written by Brian May. It is about the theory of ralitivity. Some astronauts come back to earth, for them it was a year in space, but on earth 100 years has been passed.
(5/5)

Sweet lady is a bad song. Skip it.
(2/5)

 Seaside rendezvous is a 50''s style song. It's romantic, and I don't like that. But the music is great.
(4/5)

The Prophet's song is 8 minutes long is a great song written by Brian May against the church. (Edit by Thirza: I actually don't think this song is totally against the church) It's good progessive rock with a weird intro and  3 minutes a-capella.
(5/5)

Love of my life is a ballad to Mary Austin, Freddie's girlfriend (He was bisexual, not gay) I absolutely hate balleds, but I like this one.
(4/5)

Good company is a 50''s style song, without electric guitar, but with an ukelele (?). It sounds nice but I want a guitar!
(3/5)

Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song of Queen ever!I love every part!
(5/5)

God save the Queen is the instrumental version of the British anthem. It sounds nice, but I don't get the point of it,

I think this album is great. Freddie's vocals are great and Brian May shows he's a great guitarist. Roger Taylor makes the album a little more rock and the basslines of John Deacon make this album 100%

Buy if: you like guitars, different styles and if you don't have any problems with man that get high notes.
Don't buy if: You don't like gay people (edit by Thirza: THIS IS NOT MY REVIEW, that is just a sick quote) or if you like older Queen songs.

Rate: (4/5) because nothing's perfect!







Did you like this review?

No comments:

Post a Comment